Sr. Finance Analyst - Washington, DC
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Sr. Finance Analyst performs general accounting and finance function activities. Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting and financial data. Assists with ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Provides line functions with business planning and analytical support. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
- Complete the month-end close process for specific line function (G&A, R&D or Commercial).
- Complete the quarterly budgeting and forecasting process for specific line function.
- Ensures compliance with US GAAP and provides support for SOX testing and the annual audit process.
- Research technical accounting and reporting topics.
- Assist with SEC reporting (annual 10-K, quarterly 10-Q and other periodic filings).
- Assist with ad-hoc projects supporting the Director of Finance and Controller.
- Minimum 3 years corporate finance and/or public auditing experience.
- BA /BS business/accounting/finance or other applicable business discipline.
- CPA with public accounting experience preferred with a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, SOX 404 compliance and internal controls.
- Expert proficiency with excel.
- Life Sciences a plus.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to: